Terms and Conditions
Table of Contents
- Check in & Check out procedures
- Payment & Cancelation policy
- Booking Guidelines – minimum stay during peak periods
- Noise & Neighbour consideration
- Pet Friendly Property Guidelines
- Credit Card Policy
Check in & Check out procedures
Check-in 2:00 PM Check-out 10:00 AM
- The premise is let to you for holiday purposes during the period stated on your receipt.
- The premises will be available from 2:00 PM on the day of arrival and checkout time to be no later than 10:00 am on the day of departure. A half day rate fee will be charged for late checkout. The premises are to be kept clean at all times and left in a clean and tidy condition. Failure to do so will incur an additional cleaning charge, which will be deducted from the security bond. Please note that check-in time for the 27 Dec – 3 Jan period is 4:00 pm. We cannot offer early check-ins or late check-outs during peak periods.
- Byron Beach Realty accepts no responsibility should the property be unsatisfactory to the tenant on arrival. The description of the premises by us, is given in good faith and as accurately as possible, therefore no responsibility for misrepresentation will be accepted.
- The number of occupants must not exceed the number of persons shown on your receipt. Any increase in numbers must be agreed in advance and may incur additional cost. No outside visitors are permitted at the property without written approval from Byron Beach Realty
- Please be considerate of neighbours at all times. Functions are not permitted and are not covered by insurance.
Payment & Cancellation policy
- The balance of rent and security bond must be paid by the date shown on your receipt. Keys will only be released when all outstanding monies due, have been received.
- Tariffs are subject to change without notice, until deposit payment has been received.
- Instant Bookings will attract a 2.459% credit card fee.
- All properties require a $1000 bond which is held on your arrival day by credit card pre-authorisation. If you are paying via Direct Debit, we request you complete a Pre-Authorisation Credit Card form to be processed upon your arrival. Please note for property which are suitable for “Schoolie’s” bookings, will require a $2000.00 bond.
- Please note that no money will be deducted from your card unless we need to make a claim against your security bond (this money will remain as unavailable funds for up to 31 days after vacating). Any claims against your security bond may include but is not limited to the following: excess cleaning fees, excess garbage removal, damage or breakages at the property, late check out, security guard call out.
- All cancellations will incur an administrative fee of $100. Should the booking be cancelled within 60 days of arrival, the total amount paid will be retained and all efforts will be made to re-book the property at the same tariff. Should we successfully re-book the property, all monies, less an $100 admin fee, will be refunded. All changes and cancellations must be provided in writing.
- Tariffs are subject to change without notice until deposit payment has been received. A deposit of 50% is required to confirm booking and the 50% balance is payable 30 days prior to arrival. We charge a $55 non-refundable booking fee and a $1000 pre-authorization credit card bond upon arrival
- All damages, breakages or losses to the property or furnishings will be paid for by the tenant and must be reported to our agency immediately. Loss of keys attracts a $50 charge for each set, with a $25 call out fee for misplaced keys. Please note, that you may be liable for a locksmith charge, should a replacement of locks be required.
- The booking is made in good faith by our office, and maybe subject to cancellation or change. We cannot accept responsibility for action taken by the owner of the premises outside of our control. In the event of a cancellation all accommodation payments with be refunded in full and all reasonable efforts will be made to offer alternative accommodation, should this occur.
- Byron Beach Realty and/or the Owner are not responsible for the tenant’s personal property.
- In the event that the property is offered for sale, the tenant agrees to allow the owner or an agent to inspect the property with prospective purchasers, by appointment, during reasonable hours with 24 hours’ notice.
- Garbage Collection: Your rubbish bins are put out on the street by our waste manager.
- Garbage must fit inside the bins. The red garbage bin is for general garbage and the yellow garbage bin is for recyclable items only. If the yellow bin is contaminated with regular garbage there will be a $50.00, fee as the recycle collectors will not take it. If provided, the green is for green waste only. Any excess garbage over and above what will fit inside the rubbish bin must be removed from the property prior to check out. If not, a rubbish removal fee will apply. The garbage truck will not pick up any garbage left outside the bin.
- No pets of any kind are permitted at any property, unless the property is specifically advertised as pet friendly. Failure to heed to this, will result in eviction.
Booking Guidelines - minimum stay during peak periods
- Christmas week stays are to be booked from the 20th and 27th December (7 night minimum)
- New Year week stays are to be booked from the 27th Dec - 3rd January (7 night minimum)
- To stay for Christmas and New Year’s you must book 14 days as per the tariffs table for each week.
- 1st week of January bookings to be booked anytime from the 3rd January – 10th January (7 night minimum)
- These dates may be flexible by a day either side. The rates will be charged as per the tariffs table. We reserve the right to cancel any bookings not made within these date periods over peak time.
- Not all properties are suitable for Schoolies properties Schoolies bookings will be cancelled unless an exclusive Schoolies Tariff is specifically advertised. Schoolies bookings are for 7 nights only with check in and check out on Saturdays only.
Noise & Neighbour consideration
- All local council and any all relevant body corporate regulations must be strictly observed in regard to any behaviour which may result in nuisance or disturbance to adjoining neighbours.
- To ensure the quiet enjoyment of neighbours, all noise should be kept within acceptable levels. Noise is defined as any sounds that can be heard from neighbouring properties that disturbs their peace & quiet, including arrivals & departures particularly at night.
- This means no one in the neighbourhood should be woken or disturbed by your noise.
- This property is a member of the Holiday Letting Organisation. The HLO operate a neighbourhood hotline for holiday let complaints regarding noise and other matters. They have a “Two Strike and You’re Out” policy. This can result in fines and/or eviction from the property. If a noise complaint (first strike) is received during your tenancy, and security is called out to warn and advise of a complaint against you or any of your guests, a $165 charge will automatically be deducted from your security deposit. Should a second complaint (second strike) be received during the tenancy resulting in a second security call-out, a further $165 will be charged against your security deposit, you will be evicted from the property and the tenancy terminated on the spot, without refund of any rent monies paid.
Pet Friendly Property Guidelines
- You agree to be responsible for any dogs at the holiday premises during your stay and in particular that only well behaved and supervised dogs are allowed inside the holiday premises. Dogs are not to be locked inside when you are away from the property.
- Byron Beach Realty accepts no responsibility for the security of pets within the property parameter regarding the integrity or suitability of fencing.
- Pets are not allowed on any of the furniture or beds.
- You agree that any breakages / damages, extra cleaning or dog odour left at the holiday premises during your stay must be paid for and can be deducted from your bond on behalf of the owner.
- You agree to hose down areas of grass where dogs have urinated and collect and dispose of any dog waste left by dogs at the holiday premises.
- You agree to treat your dog/s for fleas and ticks prior to your stay at the holiday premises and ensure that your dog’s vaccinations are current.
- You will not allow dogs on the holiday premises that are vicious and/or that are excessive barkers and/or that are 'dangerous dogs' as denied in section 5 of the Companion Animals Act 1998.
- You will not allow your pet in the pool or spa as pets disrupt the chemical balance and will require an extensive pool service with shock treatment. This will incur a fee of $200.
- You are agreeing and accepting these terms and conditions when you make confirmation and payment for this booking.
You are agreeing to these terms and conditions when you confirm and make payment for this booking. Any breach of the above holiday letting terms and conditions, as agreed by both parties, permits the owner and/or Byron Beach Realty to refuse the keys, retain rental payment in full, or immediately terminate the letting.
CREDIT CARD POLICY
All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars. When making a booking at Byron Beach Realty, you may Instant Book by Credit Card. (Mastercard and Visa). When making a booking you will be asked to accept our Terms & Conditions. For your security this site uses best practices with regards to online payments.
- When an online booking payment is made the guest will receive a confirmation email
- We guarantee that Byron Beach Realty does not handle or store Instant Book credit card details.
- Instant bookings pass credit card details to Secure Pay gateway for processing
- All credit card details are sent using the up to 1024 bit SSL v3 encryption
- Instant booking credit cards will attract a 2.459% surcharge.
- Payment will be taken via the Saved card when they are due. If you want to make alternative arrangements, please contact Byron Beach Realty before the due date.
All bookings require a $1000.00 security bond the credit card pre-authorisation will be processed on your arrival or on the business day prior to your arrival. Credit Card Authorisation Form will need to be completed for bookings paid by any payment method other than an Instant Booking. Please note that keys cannot be issued without all rental monies being paid in full and security bond lodged. Please note that no money will be deducted from your card unless we need to make a claim against your security deposit. (This money will remain as a pending transaction, for up to 10 days after vacating.)
Byron Beach Realty Holiday Department reserve the right to further charge the credit card to include but not limited to the following if required:
- Excess Cleaning/and or putting away of crockery, cutlery, pots, pans etc @ $40p/hr
- Removal of excess garbage, boxes, bottles etc (at cost)
- Damages/breakages to the property (at cost)
- Late check out @ of the departure days rate
- Noise Complaint Security Guard call out fee as per invoice
- Cleaning fee for unclean BBQs $50.00
- After hours key lock out $50.00
- Replacement of lost keys, remote controls (at cost)
- Any other incidental charges that may be incurred as per our Terms & Conditions which shall be deemed to form part of this agreement.
Bookings may be subject to change or cancelled if found to be in breach of our Absolute House Rules listed in the properties description and our standard Terms & Conditions which shall be deemed to form part of this agreement.