The Ultimate Byron Bay Checklist 2022
Thinking of booking your next getaway? Byron Bay has it all. From stunning beaches, to amazing food, a thriving arts scene and beautiful natural wonders. Be sure to get the full Byron experience and not miss a thing by following our ultimate Byron Bay checklist, updated for 2022.
1. Morning surf at Wategos Beach – Surfing is a way of life in Byron, and the best spot, especially for an early morning surf, has got to be Wategos. There’s just something so special and magical about this beach, set against a stunning backdrop of mountains, palm trees and the lighthouse.
2. Start your day with the best smoothie bowl in town – The General Store is quite literally a piece of Byron Bay’s history as it’s housed in one of Byron Shire’s oldest commercial buildings established back in 1947. With an all-day wholesome breakfast-style menu and epic smoothie bowl option, it’s not to be missed.
3. Watch sunset from the Lighthouse Trail – The Lighthouse Trail is a must-do at any time of the day, offering breath-taking sweeping views right across the bay and often a viewing platform for spotting migrating whales, dolphins and sharks, but it’s best appreciated at sunset. Bring a blanket and a couple of cold ones.
4. Afternoon drinks at the local brewery – Byron is home to the aussie-favourite pale ale, Stone & Wood. You can visit their fantastic local brewery, sample their hand-crafted offerings and snack on some delicious eats while you’re at it too. It’s the perfect chill out spot with friends for a break from the sunshine.
5. Weekend brunch at The Farm – Set within the rolling hills and green paddocks of a beautiful and fully functioning farm, is The Three Blue Ducks restaurant at The Farm. Specialising in ‘paddock to plate’ style eating, this well-known brunch spot is popular with locals and visitors alike.
6. Grab a sweet treat at the renowned bakery – No longer just a local’s secret, The Suffolk Park Bakery is an essential for quite possibly the best coffee and cake in town. This place is always buzzing, and for good reason, plus you might be lucky enough to catch some live music from a local artist while you’re there!
7. Uncover some treasures at the market – Every Sunday, the centre of town plays host to Byron Bay’s Community Market, a vibrant array of arts & crafts, food & drink, fashion stalls and more, that come together to celebrate all things ‘Byron’!
8. Shop like a local at Byron’s best boutiques – As well as the markets, Byron is famous for its boutique fashion scene. The likes of Spell and Arnhem; world renowned brands, still firmly rooted in Byron and inspired by the alternative, bohemian culture. Be sure to dress like a local on your next getaway!
Need some help planning your trip? Browse our range of luxury holiday accommodation in Byron Bay here.