Top 10 things to do in Byron Bay with kids
Byron Bay is the perfect family holiday destination, with kid-friendly outdoor activities, pristine beaches, stunning walking trails, exciting day trips and so much more, there really is something for everyone to enjoy.
We’ve picked out our top 10 things to do here with kids, just in time for the school holidays…
- Spend a day at the beach – There are plenty of family-friendly beaches to enjoy in Byron. Main Beach would have to be the most popular spot, right in the centre of town, surrounded by parks, playgrounds and places to grab some lunch or ice-cream. Other great beaches include Clarke’s Beach, The Pass and Wategos.
- Get creative at a kid’s class or workshop – Kid’s classes and workshops are a great way to keep the little ones entertained while on holiday. The Circus Arts offer a wide range of fun activities to try, including the flying trapeze, indoor climbing, circus skills, aerial skills, parkour, JUMP!, gymnastics and performance class to name a few!
- Run wild at the local playgrounds or skateparks – The perfect way to keep the kids occupied while out for a family picnic. Apex Park is situated on Main Beach, Denning Park offers more of a peaceful beachfront spot away from the hustle and bustle, and when it comes to skateparks, the kids will love the ones in Suffolk Park or Bangalow.
- Learn about food at The Farm – With on-site farm animals, great food and wide-open spaces to explore, a trip to The Farm is fun for all the family. But they also offer school holiday workshops which aim to educate kids on where their food comes from through fun, hands-on experiences.
- Go on a walk and take a picnic with you – Byron Bay is bursting with glorious walking trails for all levels of walking abilities. The lighthouse walk offers spectacular views right across the bay and there’s also a café too. For a shorter walk, we would recommend The Three Sister’s Walking Trail (keep your eyes peeled for humpback whales along the way!)
- Take a day trip to Brunswick Heads Fairy Trail – Such a fun little walking trail and interactive experience for the kids! Discover enchanting fairy houses hidden around Brunswick Heads using a map of clues which can be found in their visitor’s centre.
- Be amazed at The Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens – Located in the lush Hinterland, Crystal Castle is a magical place filled with giant crystals, sacred statues, beautiful rainforest and botanical gardens, as well as fun activities for the kids to enjoy. Make a day of it!
- Kayak with dolphins – An unforgettable family experience you’ll treasure forever! GoSeaKayak run daily dolphin tours in the clear blue waters surrounding Byron Bay. They offer discounted rates for kids and families and triple-seat kayaks that can also fit young children.
- Visit Macadamia Castle – Just a short drive outside Byron, Macadamia Castle Animal Fun Park offers a wide variety of kid-friendly things to do and furry friends to see, as well as animal experiences, mini golf and legendary pancakes!
- Learn to surf! – You can’t come to Byron without giving surfing a go. The Byron Bay Soul Surf School offers safe, fun, small group sessions with experienced instructors for kids aged 5-12.
Browse our range of family-friendly accommodation in Byron Bay and have the greatest holiday ever!